Monday, April 26, 2010

Planting and Making Roots

Today is day three of moving seeds from the salt water bath to the earth. My oldest son thinks this experiment is pretty cool although I am not sure he fully understands what we have embarked on. Part of the reason I wanted to do this experiment was to see how the the long project would fair with children. So far, so good although think he just has experiments in his soul. Perhaps it is because his father is not only from England but from Kent the area which Charles Darwin called home. Or maybe it is(me) because I grew up in the same town the well known famous psychologist Eric Ericson retired. He is well known for theories in developmental psychology. I remember meeting him in our church in Tiburon California when I was very young and although I was years from knowing I has a passion for psychology I knew I was meeting an important man. He was quite old, gray and slow moving but carried himself with great confidence. I knew there was something wonderful about this man.

Maybe this research bug I have stems from all the training I was given in my education despite choosing a path of clinical work. Maybe it is just a good way to stimulate stories. Either way, the research and the planting must go on.

1 comment:

  1. I think the experiment is pretty cool too. But you know what would make it even cooler? Photos of the experiment. ;)

    ReplyDelete