Monday, May 3, 2010

Nothing Growing

Home from the conference and not a sprout to be found. I had high hopes that upon my return I would find a cabbage or radish seed busy making a plant for us all to see. No such luck. I am now wondering if the importance of real salt water is what was needed to replicate what Darwin had done so many years ago. Or maybe it wasn't seeds but the whole plant he floated. Either way, there is another round of this study ahead for me. I am planning a trip to the west coast soon and will see about starting the experiment when I get there. I asked if west coast blog followers would give the experiment a try but not takers yet. I guess the seeds still might sprout but I planted some other seeds next to the experimental seeds and they have all started to sprout. Maybe salt water slows the process? Who knows. Darwin I guess.

As for the conference, many new seeds are also on their way to being planted. I had the oppurtunity to hear a number of insperiring writer and editors (and one agent) talk about their experience in the writing and publishing world. It is such a dynamic world full of suprizes and talanted writers. I am hoping to keep up my practice and hopefullly some day publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment