Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stories

I have hoped to take some of the time this summer to do a bit more writing, one of my creative outlets. Here is a story called One Hundred Percent Sure I wrote some time ago after a visit to California. Colin and I left Calum and Hadley in good hands (Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Ben) while going on a trip to the US Open. The boys did really well but it just got me thinking about the event of the first time parents leave their kids. Also Hadley and Calum and I had a bit of fun working on a France inspired story called If You Give A Bunny a Baguette so I will put that in this post too. Hope you like them.

STORY ONE

One Hundred Percent Sure
By Margaret Ann Jessop
               My parents went on something called a vacation and left me behind and I am one hundred percent sure I don’t love them anymore.
                On the first day of preschool they left me too and I didn’t love them that day either. My mom came back at the end of the school day so that time I decided to love her again.
            This time it’s different. This time Mom and Dad both packed bags with golf clubs and swimming suits so I am ninety percent sure they are never coming back.  Ninety percent, that’s a lot. It’s less than one hundred percent, which is the most, and how much I don’t love my parents.  (Illo: May need a percentage bar or other creative way to illustrate percentages through the story.)
            Mom left me with my Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Ben.  They have a tree swing and a swimming pool in the back yard and my Uncle tells fart jokes all day long. I am eighty percent sure their house is better than mine, so maybe it won’t be so bad living here.
            For the last two nights my cousins Lily and Annabelle and I slept in a tent … in their playroom.  My mom never thinks of anything like this to do. When you playroom camp every stuffed lovey you have gets to come to. It is so fun with my cousins that I’m seventy percent sure it is better than being at home without them.
            When Mom calls, I’m sixty percent sure I am going to tell her how great it is here, so she knows I don’t care if she comes back.  Or maybe I won’t talk to her at all.
            I asked uncle Ben when my parents were coming back.  He said two more days, so their vacation is fifty percent over. Fifty percent is half of one hundred percent, which is the most and how much I don’t love my parents.
            Today I dove of the diving board for the first time. It was so great I did it 47 times. I am forty percent sure my dad will be totally disappointed he didn’t get to see it, that is, if he comes back at all. If he does, I think he will be proud of me.
            Aunt Elizabeth said I have been very good not making messes and helping put toys away.  I am at least thirty percent better at cleaning up than Lily and Annabelle.  My mom would think I was a very good gentleman.
           Uncle Ben said my parents are on their way home. We just finished making double decker chocolate chip cookies which are my dad’s favorite and I am twenty percent sure there will be a few left when he gets here.
            They are home! (ILLO: Running for the door.)
            Ten percent of me is very mad that they ever left me to go on a vacation but …after seeing mom and dad and getting the biggest hug ever, I’m one hundred percent sure I will love them again.

            One hundred percent is the most and is how much I really missed my parents.








STORY TWO





If You Give A Bunny a Baguette

By Megan, Calum and Hadley


If you give a bunny a baguette it is going to want some cheese to go with it.

He wants the best cheese so he will have to make it himself.

He will need fresh milk so he needs to find a cow.

Cows in France wear bells so he will need to listen for them.

While he is listening for the bells he heard the hee-haw of a donkey.

Hearing the donkey reminded him of horses and how he always wanted to ride one.

Riding a donkey would be just as fun.

While he was out riding the donkey he sees the cows and remembered he wanted to make cheese.

He thanked the donkey and jumped off to gather the milk.

Gathering the milk made him thirsty so he drank some and then didn’t have enough to make cheese.

So he went to the local farmer who makes cheese.

She had seven different kinds so he tried them all.

He decided on the tasty brie’ cheese and packed some in his bag.
  
The cheese took so long to get, his baguette was no longer fresh so he needed to get more bread.

ILLO: Picture of bunny standing in line outside a French bakery with a sign on the door saying when the next batch of French bread would be done (In French of course).

Maybe I should just stick with carrots. (Though bubble over his head.)


 Coming soon...


If You Give a Cow a Croissant

If you give a cow a croissant she will want some honey to go with it.

 (Just Kidding)



No comments:

Post a Comment