Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Donkey Morisemo and honeysuckle

In this small town just over the border of France there lives a donkey named Morisemo. We have been listening to him call out as only a donkey can. He calls in the early morning and late at night. If you listen you can hear him. Today we went to find him. Both Hadley and Calum thought he would be gray and I thought he would have a slit sway to his back as Blackie did in Tiburon so many years ago. This is what we found after a walk through the fields


Definitely gray and slightly swayed. I caught the end of his donkey cry and will post his voice on Facebook since I still don't know how to embed video in blogspot.


He is definately a senior member of the town. Some love him while others feel he is a neucience due to his late night calls. Once you see him you can't help love the guy. We started to approach the fence and as soon as he saw us he approached even faster. I wished we had something for him to nibble. It was 'donkey love' at first sight. 

Another detail of this region is the honeysuckle. This plant grew on my parents deck during my childhood. I was able to show my boys how to gently pull the center stem though so that you can taste the nectar. Definately a memory lane moment and I tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment