Friday, May 22, 2015

Start of our Trip


We arrived in France the morning of May 21, 2015. All flights went well and we are just a bit tired from the trip. The house is really nice and it is surrounded by the French country side. Here is what it looks like out our kitchen window. Brinda Watchs is the home owner who, would you believe lived in California years ago and went to Redwood High School as well as Berkeley. I found her home on Air B&B. Such a small world. Her home is now ours for three months while we explore France and the area around it. We have lots of adventures ahead and my hope it to keep track of our trip here in the blog as well as reflect on life. This is where the name Taking Stock comes from. Taking stock of life, and if I can I hope to gather family recipes that I have been collecting over the years and type them up with the free time I will have while we are here. How to make stock will be the first recipe (since I typed it up before we left). Stock making is key to much that I love to cook so it is a good start for this too. So not only will you hear about the trip but the goodies we will be eating along the way. 
So for todays adventure, there is a local farm walking distance from the house where we can buy meats, cheeses, veggies and even local wine. Hadley and Calum and I are going to look for it today to see what will inspire us for dinner. 
We have another cooking idea too. The boys are reading a book called The Bone Handbook and found a quiche recipe that the want to try for dinner. It has bacon and cheese in it so it should be tasty.  Last night the boys had pizza and Colin and I had veal and zucchini with shallots and parsley. I will try to type up these recipes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment