Sunday, May 31, 2015

Medievales D'Andilly Fair and Farmers Market

We are finishing a busy weekend of attending a Medieval Fair and Farmers Market. The fair was like a Renaissance  fair but in French. We drove about 25 minutes from our home to a town in the French country side called Andilly. This is the view from the site of the fair.



We saw four shows with magic, jokes, horse riding and jousting. There were hundreds of shops with costumes of the time period and hand made trinkets. I found a spice shop and chose a number of mixtures to try. I also found herb de Provence that I was hoping to find. 


Hadley choose a bow and set of arrows and Calum picked a cross bow. They are in the yard playing with them as I type. (stopping to get their picture) Oh, I can see this could be trouble.


There were lots of people in costume at the fair, it reminded me of the Fair that I use to go to in Marin. Larry and Lissa's costumes would have fit in really well! Here are two really fun costumes and they were even on stilts. And Larry and Lissa too (picture Larry sent me from the fair they attend in Indiana!) They would have fit right in.




Here is a picture of a horse from the show.


Here is one from the joust.



It was a long and fun Saturday. 


Now it is Sunday and we have just returned from a local Farmer's Market in Divonne which is about 10 minutes by car.  We bought duck, bread, tomatoes, cherries, strawberries (that were so good the boys said they tasted like candy flavor). The bread was fresh and you had to wait in line because the French like their bread fresh. They bake three times a day. It was worth the wait. We also found some local ham and salami and olive tapenade, super tasty. Here is Calum and Colin at a bread shop.


We will definitely come back to this market. Tonight I am making Duck a l'orange a first for the boys to try. I hope they will like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment